Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Fiberglass Manifesto - One Year Old

Who would have thought that spending a week in Wyoming last August looking for native cutthroats with glass sticks on a few forgotten rivers would have given birth to a fly fishing blog...but I am certainly glad that it did.

(The Booneville Cutthroat that started it all.)

What started as a way to promote a growing list of rod builders and companies still committed to building fiberglass fly rods has turned into quite a bit more over the past twelve months. T.F.M. has grown at a rate that I would have never expected. I've made friends with people all over the world, traded ideas, and learned more than a thing or two along the way.

Besides the blog, giving The Fiberglass Manifesto a presence on facebook and Twitter has expanded the numbers of readers and spreading the message in ways that the blog may never would have had the chance to do. I have been astounded how many anglers from all over the world are on these networking site.

A year ago I was trying to figure out how to work this Blogger site, wondering if people would read yet another fly fishing blog, and even worried how I could come up with enough content to keep T.F.M. interesting. A year later I am even more inspired and look forward to where T.F.M. is going in the years to come.

I am already working on some ideas for 2010 that I am very excited about. Stay tuned!

Thank you all for your readership, comments, emails, support, and wearing your T.F.M. t-shirts proudly. It is very much appreciated.

9 comments:

cofisher said...

Congratulations Cam! You've done a fine job with some great interviews, photos and even the comments. Keep it up!

Cameron Mortenson said...

Howard...thank you for your comment as well as your ideas and contributions to T.F.M. over the past year.

BLUEANGLER said...

Happy Birthday to T.F.M!! Great job! Cameron...for years to come and hard works continued!! : ) You know we all enjoy your works!

Cameron Mortenson said...

Mark...thank you. Your blogs were a good blueprint to look at as quality work.

Rick @ Yeti Coolers said...

Huge congrats to you, Cam. Love what you are doing and what TFM (and the side projects) bring to the blogo-webo world. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations or I should say "happy one year old"

Regards.

Gypsy said...

Congratulations!

TK said...

Hey Cam, big congrats. Had no idea it'd only been a year since TFM was born. They way you've been managing it and all, seems as though it's been around for years! Can't wait to sport the TFM shirt proudly... keep up the great work!

-Tae

Cameron Mortenson said...

Rick...thanks for the comments. I still haven't forgotten that I need to order me a YETI cooler!

OSFF...great to have made it past the one year mark.

TK...HA...I'm still hacking my way through all of this. Trying...and that is whats important, eh?