Friday, August 24, 2012

A Little Kabuto In Alaska

Ken Baldwin of Season On The Edge posted a short stack of photos on the Kabuto Rods Facebook page this week and I wanted to share them as well here with a bit of narrative on taking the little yellow Kabuto Rods 7033 into the Alaska wild.


Ken wrote...  "I guide for the Rainbow Bay Resort in Pedro Bay, Alaska. These photos were taken on two of the rivers we fish; the Iliamna and the Tazimna.  The rivers are loaded with Rainbow Trout, Grayling and Char during the summers.  These fish follow the Sockeye Salmon into the rivers to gorge on the Salmon eggs that float down the river during the spawn.  I'm fishing the 7' 3 weight Kabuto rod which to be truthful it's a little light for these waters but it's such a sweet rod that I can't resist."




I could look at these images all day long and it sounds to me that Ken needs to add a Kabuto Rods 8053 to his fly rod quiver as well.

No comments: