Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Woronoco Custom Fly Rods - Lamiglas Demo Build

Recently, John Pretola of Woronoco Custom Fly Rods, contacted me and offered to build a two piece 7'6" four weight Lamiglas fly rod to be added to the T.F.M. Fly Rod Loan Program.

I really like having glass fly rods across all price points and tapers/actions in the loan program and this will be a welcome addition.  The loan program continues to be a success with those who are taking advantage of it in finding fiberglass fly rods that they like or not.


John explains the philosophy behind his rod building as well as this demo build...  

"I like to build affordable rods so my builds don't have a great deal of bling.  They are intended to be well-made, good fishing tools.  Right now, with the demise of Struble, I am having a difficult time finding affordable down locking seats, so this rod may have a Pacific Bay UL3 uplocking seat.  I usually use candy apple red nylon with black or sunburst tippings.  I will put my standard Woronoco Fly Rods water slide label on the rod.   I figure you want to ship this, so I will set the rod up with a nice flannel bag and pack it in a black ABS shipping tube."

Hopefully John will send along a couple of updates as he builds this Lamiglas up.  As soon as it is built, it will be added to the T.F.M. Fly Rod Loan Program.

Please send an email if you are interested in demoing this fly rod or others that are on the list. 

No comments: