Thursday, January 22, 2015

Graywolf Rods - Limited Edition "The Natural" Series Builds

Shane Gray of Graywolf Rods recently took four of his The Natural series blanks and dyed them a rich brown color to create a limited edition series of these fly rods in three and four weight for his clients.

After much discussion regarding these blanks over the last year or so with Shane, and my obvious "need" for a longer three weight, I've put my name on one of the 8'3" three weight blanks from this series.   I am looking forward to having another Grayolf Rods build in my collection and the tapers of The Natural blanks are supposed to be just wonderful.  Of all the blank series that Shane has designed and had built for his rod company, I don't think he's been prouder of his work than with this series of blanks.






Shane wrote...  "The tapers are not new but I decided to do a limited run of The Natural blanks and dye them brown for the folks that prefer brown rods over the straw color I typically use.  I have only dyed four of the blanks in brown with two each of the 8'3" three weight and 8'4" four weight.  

Both of the three weights have been called four but the two four weights are still available."






If you are interested in one of the remaining limited edition The Natural four weight builds please message or call Shane through the Graywolf Rods Contact page.

Follow along the latest shop news and projects on the Graywolf Rods website, Blog, and Facebook pages.

No comments: