Thursday, October 30, 2008

T.F.M. Approved - Bug Slinger Fly Gear

A few weeks ago I found a link to Bug Slinger Fly Gear and knew I had to have a couple of their shirts.


I ordered the "Undercut" t-shirt and a couple of decals for the vehicle and lap top lid. I am glad I am able to rep this company since what they are doing is so damn cool.

The front man for Bug Slinger, Rob McAbee, and I conversed back and forth in a short email interview that I thought T.F.M. readers would enjoy...

TFM: What spawned the idea for Bug Slinger?

RM: I grew up in the surf industry and have participated and worked in the action sports industry for over 15 years. Within those industries, it was always easy to find cool lifestyle apparel to represent your sport / passion. I have always looked for apparel (non- technical) that had a design-edge that related to fly fishing. It just wasn't available. Historically and culturally, the fly fishing industry has remained very conservative in it's approach to addressing the cross-over (action sports to fly fishing) demographic. Bug Slinger was created to fill that vacuum.

TFM: How and who comes up with the designs?

RM: I do all the designs. My background is in graphic design. My other company is Nomad Design Co.. The designs almost always come from random influences. It could be from a bumper sticker or CD cover to a fishing experience. Like with anything creative, when the idea comes, you better jot it down. There are a bunch of really sweet designs that have yet to be seen.

TFM: Where is Bug Slinger going in the future?

RM: The future of Bug Slinger is going to rely on my customers. So far the support and feedback has been amazing. The mission of Bug Slinger now and into the future is pretty simple - to provide high-end, cool lifestyle apparel for fly fishing. We will always remain flexible in the design approach so that the designs reflect what the customers are looking for.

I can't wait to see what comes out next from the Bug Slinger factory. Check them out for yourself at www.bugslinger.com.

2 comments:

flynbird said...

Nice looking gear. I will be pickin up a few items from them.:)

Cameron Mortenson said...

fnb...Bug Slinger gear is really cool...and I expect more great designs from them in the future.