Saturday, December 20, 2008

Drifter's Trout Truck

Steve Keeble (Drifter) on the Itinerant Angler website has been working the past several years to put together the perfect "Trout Truck". This all began since Steve has retirement in his near future and he already has numerous trips planned with this truck and a drift boat in tow.


"My goal was to build a low-cost, dependable, self-sufficient rig. Good on gas mileage with the ability to "camp" at any location (Walmart parking lot or streamside pull-out) without drawing any attention."


"I chose the Toyota Tacoma and A.R.E. fiberglass cap because of their reputation for quality and the Win-Door option. I added a sleeping platform with storage underneath and a rod rack."


"So far it's worked great and save me some coin....no campground fees or hotel rooms. I cook on the tailgate and stay away from restaurants."


For those that are wondering, Steve Keeble built his own drift boat a few years ago and after spending a day floating the Toccoa River with him last winter I can tell you that it looks every bit as good in person as it does in these photos.


Drifter...the truck looks great and I hope to tag along with you on an upcoming adventure soon!

2 comments:

BLUEANGLER said...

That's too sweet!! I love the truck bed idea! Love the drift boat too! Awesome!!

Cameron Mortenson said...

Mark...makes you think about taking a road/drift boat trip, eh?