Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Heddon Project: Fly Found!

A few posts back I talked about "The Heddon Project" which was to use a Heddon Pal Pro Weight #8383 fly rod and a Heddon Imperial 125 fly reel, but I needed to find the missing component...a vintage Heddon fly lure.

Well, the ebay seller might not be to happy to know that his near mint (and boxed) vintage fly lure will be fished, but if any of the Heddon lures will take a bass out of the Family Pond, it will be this Heddon Pop Eye.


With all parts complete for "The Heddon Project", I am just waiting for the pond to warm and the largemouth bass to start looking up.

5 comments:

flyfishingunlimited said...

Cameron,

This is such a cool looking fly-lure. Hope it gets the big fish and survives the battle undamaged.

cofisher said...

A question Cam. Were you looking specifically for this lure or did this one just catch your eye?

flynbird said...

This is a sick idea and I can't wait to see the results!

Unknown said...

I am glad to see that I am not the only only Heddon fan with OCD. I had an old Heddon Hedliner 8207 fully restored, and bought a matching Heddon vintage reel. Why? It was my Grandmother's fly rod and I wanted to. Good luck, I have a flat fish fly rod lure for my setup. Small, wood, orange and black diver made for a fly rod.

Cameron Mortenson said...

Terri...glad to hear that I'm not alone with these weird ideas. HA... I need to get on the pond and see if it will work.