Thursday, May 7, 2009

"Don't Hate Me 'Cause You Ain't Me"

You know you're going to take notice on the Fiberglass Flyrodders board when a thread, written by Dave Elkins (a.k.a. delkins), is titled "Guess Who's Going to Look like a Pimp on the Stream"...

"Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me. I had to pick up a jelly cupboard that my wife and I purchased this weekend today and I stopped by a shop with some old inventory...and look what I got for 5 bucks."


"When I fish with my bamboo, I prefer to sneak up on wary trout in my well-camouflaging Filson; however, when I fish with glass, I'm-a gonna pimp-slap me some wary trout. The label reads "100% Cotton Walker The Ultimate Fishing Vest Hong Kong" The rod is a J.C. Higgins, the reel a Pflueger Trump, and some of my wet flies."

Take that twenty-two pocket, made in a rainbow of tan and green, space-age fabric, uber technical vest. Denim is back!

3 comments:

Tom Chandler said...

This is proof that fly fishermen shouldn't be allowed to dress themselves.

Greg Sykes said...

It's a Jest, looks good with some jaders (jean waders), makes for an awesome joutfit if you add a jirt.

flynbird said...

Remember the rap group Naughty by Nature? Didn't they wear vests like that. It's the prison blues vest fo shizzle!