Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Cinema - Backcountry Tenkara

As I was just starting to get my interest perked about Tenkara, I came across Ryan Jordan on Twitter and then his websites, Simplifactico and Backpacking Light.

Besides some Tenkara talk, his websites are packed with great photography, gear reviews, videos, and journals of his travels.


He's done his "field research" on Tenkara and I thought I'd post a favorite photograph and video for this week's "Sunday Cinema".



Cutthroat trout off the coals of a campfire sounds pretty good right now, eh?

2 comments:

BLUEANGLER said...

That is a great bend on that rod! Can't imagine how much fun it could be on the river like that!

I am a big fan of fish..meat too... but I am also afraid to have uninvited "fury" friends in the backcountry... I guess I am hoping those real residents will release me like I release the fish ... ha...

Cameron Mortenson said...

Mark...eating trout in the backcountry is a completely different experience for me than keeping a fish from a stream nearby. I have fond memories of eating brook trout and lake trout up in Canada on lakes that maybe saw a dozen anglers all year.