Wednesday, November 25, 2009

T.F.M. Spotting - Ultralight Jeremy

I have known Jeremy Kurtz for the past couple of years on the Fiberglass Flyrodders forum and over that time I watched him take his philosophy on ultralight fly angling and created a growing forum called the Ultralight Fly Fishing Forum.

(Jeremy with his son on the Little Beaver Creek.)

Jeremy explains his thought on fishing ultralight rods... "My reasons for fishing ultalight are pretty straight forward. Panfish and small mountain stream trout aren't much fun to catch on heavier tackle, so a three weight or lighter rod really is the way to go in order to be able to actually enjoy the fight of smaller fish. I fish with a two weight graphite most of the time, but I also like to fish the Lamiglas 7' 3wt "Honey Glass" that I built. It's quite a versatile rod, and I've used it for panfish, smallmouth bass (over lined with a 4wt line for bass), and even carp."

Visit the Ultralight Fly Fishing Forum and you'll find many anglers committed to the idea of light line fly rods for chasing fish of all sorts.

1 comment:

cofisher said...

Jeremy, you're a good guy and I'm glad to see the sight is doing so well. Happy Holidays guys.