Friday, January 15, 2010

Rocky Maley's "As Smooth As Glass" Fly

Recently I approached Rocky Maley and asked him to tie a fly for me. Rocky's first question was what did I want. I asked him to look over the T.F.M. blog and tie a fly that was more or less inspired from what he saw there.

A couple days later Rocky posted a photograph on T.F.M.'s facebook Fan page of what he had done. I found it nothing short of stunning.

Rocky provided me a stack of photos that I organized into a slide show showing the making of his T.F.M. inspired creation he dubbed "As Smooth As Glass".



Since this fly will never see water I dropped it off at the frame shop with a T.F.M. decal to be matted up and framed. I can't wait to get this up on the wall in the office.


Thanks again Rocky! If you'd like to discuss having Rocky tie up something special for you email him at maleyqh@ortelco.net.

No comments: