Thursday, February 4, 2010

Countdown to Fun Hogs Weekend!

Longtime T.F.M. readers may remember Joel Thompson's post last year about the annual "FUN HOGS WEEKEND". I received an email from Joel last week and it sounds like they are getting ramped up for another bash at the cabin.

"Sixteen days and counting until the annual Fun Hog week is here! This year names will be changed to protect the Googled but the mission will be the same. Become one with nature, booze, and food while telling as many lies to your buddies as you can muster up! Did I mention the huge bonfire? This could be the biggest one of record thanks to recent logging up at the lake. Our goal this year is to make it up to second Dolus Lake via snowshoes. It is roughly a little over 2000 feet gain in elevation leaving straight from the cabin. We plan to drill holes in the ice and fish. My guess is it will take us all the next couple of days after that journey before we can walk any further than the outhouse."


"I will give you a full report with pictures upon my return to the civilized world. And just in case you were wondering...Bacon Bits in the picture does make pig noises.

Oh...and this year’s report will only have nicknames in it which will likely all be pig related. I think I will be taking on the name Boss Hog. Seems only right since it all goes down at my crib!"


This is going to be good!

2 comments:

Joel said...

One week away! Suweeeeee!

Cameron Mortenson said...

I can't wait to hear about the trip. Photos too!