Saturday, April 24, 2010

D.I.Y. Projects and The F Stop

Mrs. Manifesto and I have been deep into a series of home improvement projects, both inside and out, for the last several months.  Last night we put together a few prints that we had made from both film and digital media with a stack of large frames that we picked up from IKEA.  

We had looked at similar frames that approached $100 a piece but found these excellent Ribba frames for $20 each.  Four large frames with mat already cut = $80.

I took a trip down to see Grant at The F Stop yesterday to pick up our prints.  We had taken a few digital photos from our recent trip to Tofino, B.C. and asked Grant to print them in 12X12 inch squares.   He also printed up a film photo that I had taken in college into another 12X12.

Columbia, S.C. is fortunate to have a place downtown that offers film supplies, dark rooms, studios, workshops, and a place to glean more information on how to use cameras that don't have a media slot.  Grant is great to talk to and I'm going to be spending more time there when I finally break open the box to my Holga camera.

The F Stop looks and feels exactly how you'd expect it to feel.  Indie, eclectic, stashed full of interesting photo finds.  

So after the trip to The F Stop to pick up prints we're $60 lighter but still not a bad deal for six 12X12's and a short stack of 4X6's.

Last night I put everything on the walls in the bedroom and bathroom and I'm pretty impressed with how it all looks. 


So all in all we spent less than $150 to change the looks of several rooms of our house and it is really gratifying to have our own art on the walls as well.

1 comment:

middlemac said...

Very nice scheme... Looks like Left Coast shots from your trip... I guess Northleft Coast shots...

Well done!