Wednesday, April 21, 2010

T.F.M. Review - Backwater Paddle Company Predator & Piranha Paddles

T.F.M. has a history of uncovering interesting companies working out of their basements, sheds, and garages who are producing gear that ends up being genius.  Backwater Paddle Company may just be another one of those companies. 

Last week Ed Halm of Backwater Paddle Company contacted me and said that he'd like to send both a Predator and Piranha paddle to be reviewed on T.F.M.  The paddles arrived today in the mail and I called Ed to say thank you.  We had a great conversation and wouldn't you know it I found out that Ed makes these paddles in his garage.

 
First thoughts on the Predator and Piranha paddles is that they are solidly made and really a deal for $20 a piece.  I can see where using one of them in the kayak will be very helpful and a lot easier than putting my fly rod down to grab the kayak paddle.  I'll be interested to see how each paddle handles and which one I end up liking better.  Stay tuned as T.F.M. begins this long term review.  I can't wait to get the kayak wet again. 

Follow Backwater Paddle Company on both Facebook and Twitter for upcoming contests and announcements as they expand their line up of paddles.   

2 comments:

The Jersey Angler said...

These paddles look great. I am an avid kayak angler and they look like they would be perfect for those little adjustments while fishing. After reading about these paddles in this post I ordered a piranha. I can't wait to try it out.

Cameron Mortenson said...

TJA...this might be one of those "Duh...I can't believe I didn't think of that." type piece of gear. Let me know what you think when you get yours.