Thursday, May 13, 2010

F.D. Lyons Build Arrives

The eight foot three piece five weight arrived this week from glass and bamboo builder F.D. Lyons.  I spent a few minutes test casting in the yard with a 5DT fly line.  I really like the style of the build and it is quite a fine casting fly rod.  I've been in a warmwater mindset for the past couple of weeks but this rod has me thinking trout again.

Not sure if a J.W. Young or Hardy reel will end up on this build but this minty Condex sure looks right on it, eh?

Thank you Mr. Lyons.  I could not be more impressed with this build.  Your work speaks for itself.

4 comments:

flyfishingunlimited said...

Great looking rod, Cameron! Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Excellent Cam..

BLUEANGLER said...

What a beautiful rod! The reel looks sharp too! : )

Cameron Mortenson said...

Fellows...thanks for the comments. Now to put on a trout on it!