Wednesday, June 23, 2010

T.F.M. Spotting - Roadtrip Edition

Last night I came across this photograph that Rich Schaaff of East Fork Fly Photography took on a cross country road trip last fall.  I don't know why I have posted this sooner but it seems fitting as the summer travel season is upon us.


Is there anything more excellent than a good book along for the ride?  I'll be heading home to Michigan next week and more than likely be taking Robert Traver and Ernest Hemingway along with me.  I am also hoping to find the new issue of The Drake before the trip.  (I'm thinking I just need to order up a subscription instead of trip after trip to the bookstore waiting for new issues to hit the shelf.) 

What are you reading this summer?  Old favorites, new titles, magazines, what?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im actually reading Travers on fishing that Schaaff gave me ! also reading the lovely reed by jack howell(an enthusiasts guide to building bamboo fly rods)

fatman said...

Found the new issue of The Drake yesterday at the local flyshop...

Just finished "The Alaska Chronicles"...gettin' ready to dig in to "The Norman Maclean Reader"

I have collected stories from Thomas McGuane, Jim Harrison, and Russell Chatham ready for my summer vacation to Colorado.

Brian Koz said...

"The Trout and the Fly" by Clarke and Goddard, always good to re-acquaint oneself with the valuable information within.

Cameron Mortenson said...

nutman...Travers can't be beat. Though I might be biased since for us Michigan fellows it might be ingrained in my DNA to like him. HA...

MI trout...I have the Voelker's Pond book and it is quite excellent. Those images by Wargin really speak to me.

fatman...I've stuck out three damn times on a copy of The Drake from our local B&N. Not in yet.

AK Chronicles was good. I've read it a couple of times.

McGuane can't be beat!

Brian...I'll have to find that one. I haven't read it.

Hoshnasi said...

Find that hard copy version of "On fishing" is difficult. A lovely simple cover.