Friday, July 9, 2010

Mama's Got A New Water Ride

Well...it only seems fair that since I have a Native Ultimate that Mrs. Manifesto deserved a kayak to call her own as well.  Since our weekend demo of the Liquidlogic Versa Board a couple months ago she's been talking about it almost daily and it quickly moved up the short list of purchases to make this summer. 


I called Jesse at River Runners yesterday morning and he confirmed that the Versa Board was in from the factory and ready for pick up.  I packed up the children and made a quick run downtown to toss the Versa Board on the roof rack and bring it home before the children went down for their afternoon naps. 


I had been on the fence about what color I liked best (though it was hardly my decision) but the mango color really is sharp and I am glad that Mrs. Manifesto chose it.   



Along with the Versa Board purchase I also added a Werner Advantage Stand Up Paddle to the bill.  Though pricey, I live by the thought process of buying something once and be completely happy with it.  So the wallet took the hit but I won't be returning this paddle later to upgrade.

I also plan on using this paddle in the Native Ultimate as well since I stand up a large portion of the time when I am fly fishing.

So, look for future fly fishing and paddle posts about the Versa Board.  Mrs. Manifesto is thinking core exercise and fun and I'm thinking of taking this board to a growing list of rivers, ponds, and salt marshes with a fly rod in hand.

3 comments:

BLUEANGLER said...

COOL!wiseman listen to Mama! Great catch, Cameron. The color remind me Hawaii and palm trees

Cameron Mortenson said...

Mark...HA... I always try to listen. We like the color a lot as well. Very visible and fun.

hezro said...

I had Werner paddles back in my whitewater kayaking days. Loved them.