Monday, July 5, 2010

Rich's First Trout On The F.D. Lyons

Last weekend I opened an email on my iPhone from Rich Schaaff and misread the title as "Broke The Lyons Rod".  OUCH!  I then realized that it was instead written as "Broke In The Lyons Rod Finally".  With a sigh of relief I found these two stunning images and a bit of copy to go into the post of Rich's first trout on the eight foot five weight F.D. Lyons build that he received earlier this year. 
 Cam...

I wanted to let you know that I broke my virginity with my first trout on the Lyons rod today.  It was a freak'in gas!  The rod was amazing against this bad boy.  It took me down to the backing twice, bent the rod to the cork, and two aerials on top of that!  I officially can say I love GLASS...

Rich
I still think Rich may be sleeping with this fly rod in his bed at night.  (Mrs. Schaaff...can you confirm this or not?)  Weird...but this "Glass Craze" affects us all differently.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is room in our bed for three..guess it would be a menage a glass

Cameron Mortenson said...

Rich...you're silly...and glass sick! HA...