Saturday, August 21, 2010

T.F.M. Spotting - Sam and Dad in Alaska

Sam Snyder of the Headwaters of History blog and his father recently spent a few days fishing together in Alaska where Sam was showing him around his new "home waters".


Sam also managed to get a beautiful T.F.M. Spotting contest photo taken of him while he was smoking a cigar and fighting a bruiser of a pink salmon fresh in from the ocean at the same time.  Talk about multi tasking.
 

Sam's blog posts about fishing with his father have got me thinking that I need to get away for a week with my father too in the near future. Alaska is looking like a pretty excellent place to go.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Thanks for the spotting post! Come on up to Alaska next year, sometime in August when the fishing is prime. We'll get you on some solid fish and have a grand time!
cheers and tight lines
sam

Anonymous said...

That´s cool! Smoking cigars while you are fighting a fish. I usually smoke my pipe, but always I´m afraid to lose it.

Regards.

Sam said...

I must admit that I am not very good at smoking cigars while I fish, my father is much better than I. I always have to find a place to put the cigar down, otherwise I get smoke in my eye and risk losing the fish!!