Thursday, October 28, 2010

Reuben Wood vs. Chinook Salmon

Jordan Ross of JP Ross Fly Rods & Co. and I have been trading a few emails about a possible Rueben Wood glass build since I really enjoy fishing short five weight fly rods in the mountains of North Carolina.

Six foot five weights are extremely capable but this story is pushing the envelope just a little bit...


Jordan wrote...  "When my friend John Montefusco bough his Reuben Wood fiberglass fly rod this summer, he told me he would send me pictures from his adventure on the Salmon River.  I though to myself... "That's cool, but who doesn't fish the Salmon River?"

When he told me he would send me pictures from the Salmon River, he meant after he landed a twenty-seven pound king salmon on the six foot lightweight Reuben Wood fly rod.

I asked John if the rod is still a two piece and he said, "Yes, of course."

This is an amazing feat.  Way to go John.  Not everyone can do that and still have the rod in original condition."

Unreal.  To read John's side of the story then check out the blog post on the JP Ross Fly Rod & Co. website.

No comments: