Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Kineya Tackle

Over the past couple months talented rod builder Fred Paddock has been posting images of his growing collection of Kineya Tackle on the Fiberglass Flyrodders forum.   I asked Fred if I could post his photographs on T.F.M. along with a few words of his experience with Kineya Tackle.

Fred wrote...  "I first saw Kineya Tackle on the internet and after looking at the photography I clearly saw the craftsmanship and details that go into the reels.  After reading more on the Kineya Tackle website, I ordered one reel...then another...and then another..."


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

"As I took interest in the craftsmanship of Kineya Tackle, Masatoshi Okui (Kineya Tackle) took interest in my craft which was the start of my fly rod company, FH Paddock. We became friends through our crafts.  Masatoshi visited the U.S. this spring to participate in a fiberglass fly rod conclave that I organized.   Fishing with Masatoshi in the Catskills was a great experience and our friendship grew.  I look forward to his visit again soon and I will hope to visit him in Japan as well. For his reels, the beauty is far more than skin deep. There's heart and soul in his work and the end result is a beautiful reel that is precision crafted.  Reels that work and have a timeless look. There's something special about having a "face" to the tackle you fish and Masatoshi is the "face" for Kineya Tackle. There is wonderful tackle coming from Kyoto, Japan."

Masatoshi Okui is a talented craftsman of the highest order and his fly rods and fly reels certainly speak to me as an angler and collector.

For those interested in adding a piece of Kineya Tackle to your collection, Masatoshi can be reached by email.

No comments: