Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Long Drive For Chocolate Milk

This morning I made the three hour drive up to the Pisgah National Forest to meet up with Corey Sullivan from the Fiberglass Flyrodders forum to fish a blue line for native brook trout.  When we met up we found the rivers and streams blown out and thick with fallen leaves.  There was also a steady to hard at times rain that left us soaked and feeling that today was a bust.  Chocolate milk with a huge mix of debris in the water made it tough to run nymphs or streamers.

Not all was lost since it was good to catch up with Corey and I got a chance to flex the Scott Fly Rod Company F2 demo three and five weights.  I am liking this series more each time I fish them.

Late fall and winter is my favorite time for heading up to N.C. on fly fishing day trips and I'm sure to be up there again soon.

1 comment:

Nathaniel said...

Nice to meet you guys up there. Good conversation in spite of the river-stew. Cool blog. Hope the fishing is better next time you're up this way.

Nathaniel