Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Quick Visit To Nomad Anglers

If there is one thing that can lighten the blow of not getting to fly fish while on a quick trip home to Michigan it was taking a few minutes to stop in to see Brian Bielecki at Nomad Anglers.  I took ten minutes or so to talk shop with Brian in between the mall, Starbucks, and driving through Michigan State University.
The shop looked great and I noticed that some of the 2011 gear from various companies is starting to show up as well.
I was also able to see a few excellent originals by local artist Becca Schlaff.  Brian and Becca are good friends and the large canvas behind the fly rod display was a gift.  Quite impressive.
Becca's oil paintings are displayed on nearly every wall and are worth a visit to the fly shop if nothing else.
iPhone snaps and Infinicam app filters certainly do not do these paintings justice.

Brian sent me home with a couple Nomad Anglers decals that I'll need to find a spot for.

After ten minutes or so I received a text from Melissa, who was in the car with Finn, that it was time to go.  Finn was having a melt down in the car seat.

Well...a quick fix is better than no fix at all. I am already thinking over and scheming my extended (read fly fishing included) visit to Michigan this next summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next summer!! Look me up, and we'll fish together.

Jeff