Friday, February 4, 2011

The Complete Angler

Steve Stracqualursi, of Way Upstream, recently posted the full cut version of The Complete Angler on YouTube and it's well worth the forty-five minutes spent viewing it.  The Complete Angler is beautifully filmed and narrated. 

This film project features James Prosek as he follows the steps of Izaak Walton, writer of The Compleat Angler, through his life and haunts in England.  


Steve Stracqualursi worked with James Prosek on the technical side of The Complete Angler and provided these comments...

"I have been collaborating with James Prosek for years now in a variety of different areas but when we set out to bring The Complete Angler to the online community I knew we were onto something special."

Pour yourself something to drink, spirited or otherwise, and enjoy. 

3 comments:

Trev Sliwkanich said...

Thank you for sharing Cam. I wish I had a nice glass of some Scotch (maybe some Fat Trout) to enjoy while I watched it.

Brian L. Schiele said...

I just watched this, along with a nice Deschutes "Jubelale".
So after watching this, it begs the question, have you actually read "The Compleat Angler".
I have, it's a great book, it's a challenging read, becasue it is in yeah old English, but I'd recommend it without hesitation.
Thanks sharing!
Brian

Cameron Mortenson said...

Trev...no problem. I thought that this video was very special.

Brian...I have not read the Compleat Angler. I'll have to look up a copy.