Thursday, March 3, 2011

Graywolf Rods Lemon Drop Build

I've gotten a little behind showing off a growing list of stellar glass builds that are showing up online and in my email inbox.  I'll sneak in a third post for today to show of a beauty from Shane Gray at Graywolf Rods.

Shane recently finished a F.H. Paddock Lemon Drop 7'6" three weight blank build for a client who was more than happy with the work that was done.  






I am seriously liking those green wraps on that yellow blank.

Follow what Graywolf Rods is up to on the blog and on the new Graywolf Rods Facebook Fan Page as well.

6 comments:

Eben Lindsey 林杰 said...

Love the unique cork grip shape and the contrasting color of the wraps. Spectacular work, Shane is a talented man.

Dread Pirate Robert said...

Hey ~~ that's my rod ~~ and I love it! Shane does amazing work and is a great guy to work with.

Shane said...

Thanks, Cameron for posting it. And thanks most of all to Robert for the chance to build the rod. And by the way you were a pleasure to work with as well.

Uncle Hooli said...

That "Lemon Drop" color is so SWEET. Bravo! Well done.

Cameron Mortenson said...

Eben...yes he is. Fine work.

DPR...that is your fly rod. I hope you don't mind that I posted it on TFM. I didn't get a chance to ask.

Shane...no problem. You know I like to post and show off great work by custom fly rod builders.

Uncle Hooli...I agree!

Dread Pirate Robert said...

Cameron ~~ glad to have a picture of the rod on the blog. The only problem is that with the snow levels this year in the Siera it will probably be July before I can even fish it in the small, secret, Sierra stream that I had the rod built for.