Saturday, June 11, 2011

Christopher Fave Knotted Leaders

When I started fly fishing I used to buy knotted leaders that were tied specially for Gates Lodge on the Au Sable River.  These leaders were constructed of Maxima and lasted forever.  In fact I have several that I still use and have just reconstructed the last couple sections with new material to keep them fresh.

I was excited to find the Christopher Fave Fly Fishing website this week and even more surprised at the choices that he offers in knotted leaders and also the prices that he is selling them for. 


Christopher Fave currently ties knotted leaders for over one hundred fly shops and Trout Unlimited Chapters and his offerings include Dry Fly Leaders, Wet Fly Dropper Leaders, Salmon/Steelhead Leaders, and Hi Viz Nymphing Leaders which are all priced between $2.50 to $3.00 each.


I am going to take advantage of the "Baker's Dozen" and order up thirteen leaders of my choice for $25.00.  Mix and match and cover all my bases.  This is a great deal and should keep me flush in knotted leaders for some time.  

Christopher Fave can be contacted by email for questions and orders can be placed online through his website.

No comments: