Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Small Water

While up at Voelker's Pond for the weekend we took part of Saturday to revisit a small stream that Adam and James had fished years ago.  Finding this stream involved two people pouring over the maps and a couple phone calls to a friend of our guide and photog, Tim Schultz of Madness and Magic.


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Once we arrived at the river and geared up, Adam and Tim worked their way downstream and James and I went upstream.  James and I took turns casting to slicks and riffles and when one would catch a trout then the other would hop ahead for a turn.  Gentlemen fly fishing at it's best.   

Over the course of several hours we all caught a few small brook and rainbow trout and enjoyed yet another piece of beautiful Michigan water with dry flies and light line fly rods.  It hardly gets better than that.

3 comments:

Utah Water Log said...

Looks like a great little stream. Nice trip report.

amazingwoody said...

Cameron
Great pictures of the blank blank river. It is my favorite river in the UP. My second favorite rive is Rock Creek (really a river in my book) which is blank blank river on steroids. Nice little Young on the "fishing pole" of yours. I was fishing downstream from you boys earlier in the day but didn't catch nearly as many flowers. Just kidding.... really beautiful pictures. You've done a fantastic tribute to the UP in your blog.....
Woody

Cameron Mortenson said...

LOAH...thanks. It was a fun few hours on the water.

Woody...you are to kind. I think I have a couple trout photos that I need to add to the slideshow too. I did catch more than flowers. HA...