Friday, September 23, 2011

Trout Dreams

Brian Schiele, a.k.a. "The Holga Master", is at it again with his plastic toy camera with a new image from a series that he is starting called "Trout Dreams".   


Brian wrote...  "I don’t know about you, but I sometimes dream about fishing, and while I don’t remember a lot of my dreams the ones about fishing are very vivid. They are so vivid that I feel compelled to recreate them as photographs, and using a Holga I able to do so.

My dream photographs are usually a double exposure, in the case of the Trout Dreams photographs they consist of one of the angler and the other of the fish he caught.

I normally try to make two separate photographs of the same scene, making one exposure of the first element and then the other, and then reverse the order of the two elements in the second photograph, but it’s a little hard to do so, I think that this particular photograph the angler was the first exposure.

Since I have this one of a cut throat and second one on my blogsite of a brown, I’d like to do a whole Trout Dreams series with all of the species of trout that are in Utah."


Check out Brian's Blog and Flickr for more images and requests for prints can be ordered through email.

3 comments:

Tenkara USA said...

Excellent photograph Brian! I think this one, of Trout dreams, captured the essence of your Holga images beautifully. I couldn't put my fingers on what it was that made me like your images so much, now I realize they remind me of the many trout dreams I've had in my life. You should submit this one to some mags too.

Brian L. Schiele said...

I am assuming this is Daniel that wrote this.
Thanks for the kind words regardless, but if it is from you Daniel, it means that much more to me coming from you.
And thank you Cam for your continued interest in my photography!

Tenkara USA said...

Hey Brian, That was me indeed, didn't realize the signature was going to be Tenkara USA until after I sent it. Really, nice picture. I saved it on my phone to show to friends the virtue of simpler in the world of fly-fishing.