Saturday, November 5, 2011

Mark's Idaho Bender

When Mark Walker isn't carving pumpkins he's putting a bend in one of his favorite fiberglass fly rods.  He's amassed quite a collection and it's good to see that he's putting them to good use. 

He recently sent me a few photographs from his latest trip to Idaho that were certainly worth sharing here.


Mark wrote... "I can’t say enough good about the Lemon Drop or, for that matter, any of the rods I have built by F.H. Paddock, Steffen Brothers, Leiderman Rods, McFarland Rods and Graywolf Rods. They are all stellar builds and performers in their own right.

We fished the North Fork of the Clearwater River and surrounding creeks. All fish caught with the F.H. Paddock Lemon Drop were Westslope Cutthroat on size #10 to #20 dries with fish caught up to sixteen inches. Lots of them."




Stunning photographs and I really don't know if there is anything more delightful in fly fishing than a translucent fiberglass blank lit up in the sunlight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is the glass I lust for in my heart. Nice, very nice.