Tuesday, February 28, 2012

T.F.M. Spotting - Instabream

I follow Pat Fitzpatrick on the iPhone photo sharing application Instagram and really liked these couple photos that he posted from his first trip out this year wearing his T.F.M. t-shirt for the T.F.M. Spotting Photo Contest.

Pat wrote... "As you can probably tell from my Instagram postings, in addition to my interest in fly fishing, I am an avid birdhunter. I usually don't break out the fly rod until the middle of March. This year I jumped the gun and hit one of my favorite bluegill ponds about a month early. After a prolonged drought here in my part of Texas, the rain has been non stop since January. Dry days to get the dogs out and chase birds have been few and far between. In an effort to cure a bad case of cabin fever, I grabbed the rod and canoe and hit the water. The fishing was a little slow due to the cool water temps, but I caught a few and it felt good to land the first few fish of 2012. If Mother Nature will continue to send us the rain, 2012 will likely be a vast improvement over the hot dry days of last year."


On Instagram?  Follow @pfitzpatrick for more images of outdoor goodness like these.

No comments: