Tuesday, February 14, 2012

T.F.M. Spotting - Trout Pond Fix

Jerry Hamon of Small Water Fly Fishing Experience got a quick fix at his local trout pond and sent in this submission for the T.F.M. Spotting Photo Contest.


Jerry wrote...  "Okay...so I went to the Waterloo Pond in Denison, Texas and on this trip I took the TFO SG II glass rod.  The pond was stocked last month with rainbows by Texas Parks & Wildlife.  I was flinging a variation of a wooly bugger tied on a 1/100th jig head in olive green about four feet under an indicator.  The fishing started off a little slow and then I found a pocket of fish and it was on.  I fished about three hours and CPR'ed approximately twenty-five fish."






This may be the first time I've seen a trout pond complete with a water feature.  I guess they really do everything bigger in Texas.
 

No comments: