Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Tightloop Fly Rods Steffen Build Begins

Lately there seems to be a cycle of chronicling fiberglass fly rod builds which are either being added to my own collection or the already quite popular T.F.M. Fly Rod Loan Program.  There has been flood of emails over the last week or so and I am tallying up and organizing where each fly rod should go first, second, and beyond.

Soon I will be adding another fly rod to the fly rod loan program with George Minculete of Tightloop Fly Rods assembling all the componets that he plans to use on the Steffen Brothers 8' 3/4 weight blank build. 


I am looking forward to this build since not only should it be a very good example of his excellent work but also having one of the most popular Steffen Brothers blanks available for the T.F.M. Fly Rod Loan Program will be excellent as well.

Look for more updates on T.F.M. and the Tightloop Fly Rods website as this build comes together.  Hopefully this fly rod will be stateside in just a few weeks. 

2 comments:

George said...

Thanks for keeping it close to small rod shops Cameron and for including this "T.F.M special" that I'm building to the Loan Program! It's truly an accomplishment for me.

Cameron Mortenson said...

George...small rod shops rock and I can't wait to see this build finish up.