Sunday, June 10, 2012

Night Bites

As with last year's whirlwind trip through Michigan, as soon as I knew I was coming home for carp school I started to fill in any gaps with other small trips as well.  This meant that an hour after walking off the airplane in Lansing I was on the road headed north to meet up with Phil Croff and Matt Dunn for a night float mousing.

Philly tying on his frog/mouse concoction named "Klyde"

The short story is that we had a great time, moved a few fish, and stayed up way past our bedtimes. The trout were interested in the idea of eating a mouse but really weren't going all in on making it their dinner. They seemed to be barely biting them but it's still pretty neat to raise a fish in the dark.

My head hit the pillow at 4:30 knowing I'd be up in just a couple hours to go look for a few brook trout with Adam Tsaloff before my flight over to Beaver Island.

Like I said...I created a full schedule for myself but this is what makes these kinds of trips a really good time.

1 comment:

Devin Angleberger said...

Sounds packed, it will be great.