Thursday, July 19, 2012

T.F.M. Spotting - On the Victoria Nile

Dave Kuntzelman of Urban Assault Fly Fishing recently returned from a trip to Uganda where he was fly fishing in the company of hippos, elephants, and crocodiles while representing for the T.F.M. Spotting Photo Contest.  How cool is that?


Dave wrote...  "Here's a few shots of a Comrade fishing the Victoria Nile in Murchison Falls National Park in Uganda.  We hired a guide (the worst in Uganda) earlier in the day.  He had a couple of old Daiwa glass casting rods. They weren't bad.  I played with them for a while but then I let the others use them.  I had my fly rods of course.  (Sorry but they were graphite for this trip.)  No fish were caught though I had two misses, but I was fly fishing with hippos and elephants and crocs behind me.  I can't complain.  It was a pretty amazing experience regardless of the results.  I've been bit by the exotic fishing bug.  Once I find a good four piece glass 9/10 weight I'll start bringing that with me when traveling.  This is only the beginning."



Check out the Urban Assault Fly Fishing website for more images from this trip.

No comments: