Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nic's Favorite Brook Trout Fly Rod

Last week T.F.M. reader Nic Delzell sent a short note with a few photographs of his go to glass brook trout fly rod which I think came out beautifully and wanted to share.


Nic wrote...  "I just wanted to let you know that your blog has gotten me hooked on fiberglass rods!  I live in central New Hampshire and over the the past couple of years I really got hooked on small stream brook trout fishing.  After my first couple of years of using a nine foot rod for brook trout fishing, I quickly realized that that could not work long term.  I was on the hunt.  The sales guy at Orvis in Manchester, Vermont had me on the verge of buying a Superfine Touch, but I backed down.  Shortly thereafter I discovered your blog and the Fiberglass Flyrodders forum.  It didn't take me long to realize glass was the way to go.  Last fall I purchase a couple of the "Norie-like" blanks on ebay and built one of the 7' three weight fly rods for myself and one for my dad as a Christmas gift.  We both love them, and while they may not be the nicest glass on the market, it's perfect for fishing backwoods brooks for six inch trout."





Nic...beautiful build and likewise on the brook trout as well.

No comments: