Thursday, November 8, 2012

An Afternoon In The Lowcountry

The other night when I got home from the trip to Charleston I dumped one gigabyte of photos that were on the card from my DSLR and cleaned up a few images from the day on the water with Captain John Irwin of Fly Right Charters and Doug Roland from Lowcountry Journal.  Truth told I was on the front deck for the better part of the day and didn't click to many images but these still give a glimpse of the day from my behind my lens.  Click the images to view larger.



It would be tough to beat the scenery of a cool fall afternoon on the grass flats outside of Charleston.


Doug put the camera down for a bit and poled as John hopped up on the casting platform to give the fiberglass 8/9 weight a try.


You see John's smile?  That's the look of someone that put a redfish on a glass fly rod for the first time and was totally digging the bend. 


John also pricked this speckled seatrout before we moved back out of the creek and began working our way back.

If you haven't checked out Doug's video from our day on the water then take at look at the Reds Under Glass post from a couple days ago. 

No comments: