Monday, February 4, 2013

Tightloop Fly Rods Epic Demo Build

Winter is the perfect time for rod building and George Minculete of Tightloop Fly Rods has spent the past couple weeks building and then putting the finishing touches on the Swift Fly Fishing Epic 580 build that will become part of the T.F.M. Fly Rod Loan Program very soon.


George wrote...  "The T.F.M. Swift Epic 580 was fitted to be a true "workhorse" of a five weight.  It features Snake Brand Universal snake guides, chestnut silk wraps, a Lemke black anodized reel seat and walnut wood spacer.  Grip is a flor grade half wells hand turned in the shop.
 
I'm looking forward to seeing and building more of these beauties in the future!"

 





Check out the Tightloop Fly Rods website and Facebook page for more information.

4 comments:

Middlemac said...

Astonishing wraps. Holy cow...

Supernapy said...

I love those white blanks! Does anyone offer something like this finished?? I dunno if I could handle making my own.

whheff said...

40 rrsocatThat is one nice rod. I am really thinking of fiberglass for my next rod.

whheff said...

sorry for the 40 rrsocat. that was the security code and I don't know how it got there.