Thursday, March 14, 2013

Graywolf Rods T.F.M. Epic 686 Build

I didn't think that I was going to buy very many fly rods this year but with Beaver Island just a couple months away I figured I'd ask Shane Gray of Graywolf Rods if he could fit in a Swift Fly Fishing Epic 686 build into his schedule.  Lucky for me (but not necessarily for the T.F.M. piggy bank) he did.

On my way home from Michigan yesterday Shane and I met up off one of the last exits in Michigan and handed this beauty over to me.  I have a feeling that this fast glass six weight will come in handy in quite a few places that I fish. 







Shane Gray has a lot of very cool projects in the works so check out the Graywolf Rods website, Blog, and Facebook page for the latest shop news.

3 comments:

Middlemac said...

That's an eyecatcher, you lucky fella... is that stripping guide a different finish than the others or are my eyes just tired? like the look..

Middlemac said...

I see better now.. what's the actual guide material?

Shane said...

Middlemac, the stripping guide is a Mildrum brand 12mm. And the color is pretty close. I used snake brand blued nickel snake guides/tip top. I blued (chemically blued) the frame on the stripping guide (nickle silver), the blueing tends to be a bit darker than the plated snake brand guides.