Sunday, November 16, 2014

Scumliner On ECHO Glass Spey Rods

The ECHO Glass Spey and Switch rods won't be released until January, and I'm sorry if I keep stirring the pot over a fly rod you might be pining for, but I am also coming across solid information to pass along from time to time which is worth sharing.

The latest tease comes from John Arnold, a.k.a. scumliner media and Headhunters Fly Shop, who recently took along the 12'9" seven weight Glass Spey rod on a recent steelhead trip to Oregon and put together an excellent analysis of this fly rod on the fly shop blog.


John wrote...  "With the resurgence of fiberglass fly rods, it was only a matter of time before someone brought archaic glass technology to the two-handed market. Leave it to ECHO to be the first with a production model (there are some blanks out there), and they’re bringing both switch and spey models to us this winter. I first saw these at the iCAST/FTD show in July, and the “wiggle-test” alone told me I must try them..."

My take?  John Arnold knows two handers and if he gives this two hander the thumbs up, then that's good news that this series is going to live up to the hype.  We'll all still wait until the first of next year to find out for ourselves.

Visit the Headhunters Fly Shop Blog to read this article in it's entirety.

No comments: