Thursday, January 8, 2015

Graywolf Rods - Kabuto Rods 7643

I know that I have been sharing a lot of custom fly rods lately but this Graywolf Rods build on a Kabuto Rods four weight blank is just so striking in so many different way.  Solid work, Shane.

Shane wrote...  "A customer sent me a white Kabuto 7'6" four weight three piece blank and gave me authority to build it as I saw fit.  I wanted to do something different with this fly rod.  With the white blank lots of options came to mind, but after adding the stacked bamboo seat, I felt the wraps needed a little gradient and maybe some iridescence.  So I dyed the antique gold silk with black, brown and amber dye to create a finish that would start dark and blend into light. The rod came out very well and I look forward to his reaction when he sees it in person."

Follow along the latest shop news and projects on the Graywolf Rods website, Blog, and Facebook pages.


Lotech Joe said...

I'm not a big fan of white blanks but that's beautiful. All the colors come together like they are members of the same family. A really great presentation.

Tony P said...

WOW!!! That rod shows true craftsmanship & why certain angler gravitate to the custom rod builders. Well done.

Alan Corbin said...

Nicely done. I just completed the same rod with green wraps and feather inlays. I can't wait to see the owners face when delivered