Thursday, January 8, 2015

Graywolf Rods - Kabuto Rods 7643

I know that I have been sharing a lot of custom fly rods lately but this Graywolf Rods build on a Kabuto Rods four weight blank is just so striking in so many different way.  Solid work, Shane.


Shane wrote...  "A customer sent me a white Kabuto 7'6" four weight three piece blank and gave me authority to build it as I saw fit.  I wanted to do something different with this fly rod.  With the white blank lots of options came to mind, but after adding the stacked bamboo seat, I felt the wraps needed a little gradient and maybe some iridescence.  So I dyed the antique gold silk with black, brown and amber dye to create a finish that would start dark and blend into light. The rod came out very well and I look forward to his reaction when he sees it in person."







Follow along the latest shop news and projects on the Graywolf Rods website, Blog, and Facebook pages.

3 comments:

Lotech Joe said...

I'm not a big fan of white blanks but that's beautiful. All the colors come together like they are members of the same family. A really great presentation.

Tony P said...

WOW!!! That rod shows true craftsmanship & why certain angler gravitate to the custom rod builders. Well done.

Alan C said...

Nicely done. I just completed the same rod with green wraps and feather inlays. I can't wait to see the owners face when delivered