Monday, June 15, 2015

Leiderman Rods - Phillipson Epoxite

I'm not into summer break just because my children are out of school and the schedule relaxes a bit, I also know that teacher and rod builder Matt Leiderman now has a little more time to work out in the shop and then inspired custom builds like this happens.

Matt wrote...  "A tough-to-find 7' five weight Epoxite blank I've been holding for a bit.  The ultra-rare T&T Kaneglass rods were supposedly built on Epoxite blanks so I though this would be a fun project. I used bronze for the RS hardware to match the brass accents and made a super slim grip with simple walnut seat."

This Phillipson Epoxite is available for purchase.  Contact Matt for details at

Visit the Leiderman Rods website for more information and follow along on the Facebook page for the latest shop news.

1 comment:

John Peipon said...

This might be the most elegant Phillipson ever crafted!