Saturday, September 12, 2015

6 Good Reads

Another weekend and another half dozen solid articles to enjoy in your downtime.

BADFISH BLOG - WHY FLY TYING SUCKS
There's a reason why I haven't tied a fly in ages and it centers that I just don't have the time to get everything else, knock out a dozen, and put it all away.  Badfish taps a baker's dozen of industry peeps (somehow I was included) on why it sucks.






DIE FISCHE GETS "IT"
This summer I had a similar moment with our son, Finn.  That "IT" moment is one that I'll never forget.





DYLAN TOMINE ON SMOKING THE OLD WAY
There are few things are wonderful as fresh wild salmon, especially if you know what to do with it.  Dylan does.





FRANKENFLY - PHOTO CONTEST
Mr. Beel of FrankenFly just announced a photo contest for the Bucket Mouth League that's worth getting in on.


MEND PROVISIONS - #GLASSISNOTDEAD
Mend Provisions may be my most favorite fly shop that I've never stepped foot in...yet.  Michael Fischer typed up some praise for T.F.M. in his recent Tumblr post.  Thank you, Sir.


S.C.O.F. - STEVE STILL SUCKS
I spent some time with Steve Seinburg of Southern Culture On The Fly the other night in Charleston at the Flood Tide Co. event and he couldn't be happier with his recent move to Florida and a heavy handful of bow time but for everyone else not living that life...Steve still sucks.


Enjoy your weekend.  Get outside and on the water.

No comments: