Thursday, May 19, 2016

Sunday Afternoon Quickie

Sunday afternoon, after some time working outside all morning, Finn looked at me and said we should go fishing.  Even though I wasn't expecting much at 3 p.m. in the afternoon on a no cloud day, it's tough to turn down a quickie on the pond.

I only caught one but it was a great visual eat with a bass coming up from under a laid down tree to snatch the baitfish pattern that I was stripping slowing just under the surface.  If I can see the take, it's just so much better.




I've collected and bought a lot of things in my life but three purchases continue to ring through as money well spent with our stable of kayaks (we're up to five right now), battery powered and beefed up golf cart to get all over the family property with ease, and the Malone MicroSport Kayak Trailer to get the kayaks back and forth to the family pond. 

P.S.  As you can see, I haven't broken up with my Nikon 10.5mm fisheye lens.  I'm just trying to use it less than I did before.  It sill counts under my fixed lens resolution but being choosy when I break it out.

No comments: