Monday, April 10, 2017

C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. X Kineya Tackle Fly Reels

Looking for the perfect fly rod for your C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. fly rod?  Look no further than the recently released collaboration with Kineya Tackle of Kyoto, Japan.  Masatoshi Okui of Kineya Tackle is a very fine reel craftsman who is still building small batches of fly reels from time to time. 

These fly reels, which are available in two styles and two sizes in each style, will be a wonderful match with any of the fly rods Chris Barclay is building.  I have a Kineya Tackle 301 that I cherish.


Chris wrote...  "I have the distinct honor of being able to work with some of the finest craftsmen in the world.  Even more so I get to call them friends.  One friend, Masatoshi Okui of Kyoto Japan, who makes my seat hardware also makes the most wonderful classically styled fly reels I've ever handled.  These reels are the perfect companions for the rods I build.
  
I have wanted to offer my own reels for a while and couldn't think of anyone better than Masatoshi to make small batches of them for me.  

I am initially offering the Kineya 300a, 300b, 301a and 301b reels.  More styles will come, with patience."
 


A total of twelve fly reels were sent in this batch with the possibility of more in the future.

Contact Chris Barclay of C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. if interested.  More information on these fly reels can be found HERE.

No comments: