Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Tailor Made By V. Huttley - The Lucky 7 Oberon Fly Reels - Part 5

Simply put, art takes time and in this case, the fact that these were started in early 2016 and the shop work of Vince Huttley of Tailor Made By V. Huttley continues now is completely fine in my book.  I've enjoyed watching the process and looking forward to having one of these special clickers in my hands sooner or later.

If this is the first post you've seen of the "Lucky 7 Oberon Fly Reels" project, then get caught up HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.


Vince wrote...  "It's been a slow few weeks but here are a few photos of my work so far.  The guys at CTS were kind enough to send over a few glass blank off cuts from their rod shop that work very well with this little project.  Machining a few brass bushes to suit the internal diameter of the blank, cutting the blank to length as a nice tip of the hat to #glassisnotdead .
 
I decided to change the boxes from the machined type as most of my time is spent in my workshop at night as it just so happens my daughter's bedroom is directly above the "Man Cave".  Point being, never wake a sleeping baby as the scolding ain't worth it.  
 
So I pre-cut materials where I can and assemble quietly at night.  The end result is a box made from Australian Red Cedar, Mahogany, Mulberry and Hairy Oak. 
 
Not long to go now as the next post should be the last."









 Along with checking out Vince's website, please follow Tailor Made By V. Huttley through Facebook, and Instagram too.

No comments: