Wednesday, February 7, 2018

GRAYWOLF RODS - Blue Halo Gen 3 Builds for Days

The other day I was talking with Shane Gray of Graywolf Rods on the telephone and he mentioned that he was working on a few of the new Blue Halo Gen 3 blank builds.  Fast forward to this week and all seven fly rods are complete and listed on the For Sale page of his website.


Shane wrote...  "I've been watching Blue Halo for several years and it seems like they are here to stay. They have a great following, and the reviews and they have a ton of happy customers. When they released the all new Gen 3 blanks in four piece I thought that it's time to give these blanks a second look. 

I was impressed with the speed in which the blanks arrived, the price of the blanks is very good and the quality did exceed my expectation.  The action and feel of these rods is right where I think glass works, smooth.  The blank color in all the blanks is outstanding with excellent ferrule fit.  The blanks are are nice and straight.  I found all the line weights very pleasing from three to seven weight.  

I was more than happy with the seven weight and I think I'll end up adding one to my own quiver."










Interested?  All builds are priced $475-485 and listed on the For Sale page.  Don't see what you're looking for?  Shane can help you with that too. 

Visit the Graywolf Rods website for more information and follow along with the latest shop news on Facebook and Instagram.

No comments: