Tuesday, June 12, 2018

GRAYWOLF RODS - Kabuto Rods 703

Shane Gray of Graywolf Rods builds a heck of a lot of premium fly rods each year and when he calls and says "Did you see that Kabuto three weight that I just finished?", I knew he was proud of it.  Once I was able to see the photographs, I understood why as this is just beautiful work through and through.

The Kabuto Rods 703 is one of my personal fiberglass favorites in this line weight as it's one of those go anywhere and do anything type fly rods.  Delicate dry flies?  No problem?  Nymphing?  It'll do it.  Hopper and dropper?  Bring it on.  Tucking small streamers under banks?  It'll do that too.

If you're in need a do it all awesomely well three weight, then this Kabuto Rods 703 build is it.  Fortunately for you, it's for sale.


Shane wrote...  " I've been holding this yellow Kabuto Rods seven foot three weight blank for a few months along with the agate guide since I was waiting for the bamboo that Mr. Kabuto sent me for the reel seat to dry.  Once ready, it was time to cut and stack to make the stacked bamboo insert to blend all the parts, including the thread, together.  I think this rod is superb. 

The Kabuto Rods blanks are outstanding in quality, feel and flex.  I've been building the Kabuto Rods blanks for the last seven or eight years and I hope to continue for many years to come."










Visit the Graywolf Rods website for more information and follow the latest shop news on Facebook and Instagram.

1 comment:

Shanklao Hanpad said...

Wow fantastic blog, thanks for sharing. Choosing the right reel can be very crucial to your success as a fisherman. Your reel should match your rod and the type of line you are using. There are basically two types of reels to choose from; the open-face spinning reel and the baitcasting reel.best spinning rods