Wednesday, April 10, 2019

LOON OUTDOORS - Rogue Quickdraw Mitten Clamps & Forceps

Saturday morning I was scrambling around to get all the gear together that Finn and I would need for our day of playing in the creek.  I guess I'm kind of behind my usual early spring schedule of already having all my warmwater fly boxes, leaders and tippets spools, tools and other miscellaneous things packed up in it's own gear bag waiting for the next trip.  Rummaging through plastic storage boxes and gear bags at 5:00 a.m., before enough coffee, is the recipe for forgetting something you'll need later in the day.

Going through my tool bin, I made sure to grab the Loon Outdoors Rogue Quickdraw Mitten Clamps and the Rogue Quickdraw Forceps as they've become favorites and I like having them with me while on the water.  The built in carabiner finger loop on the clamps and forceps makes attaching these to pack or wader straps, gear bag or lanyard handy and they are easy to take off to use when needed.


Diving deeper into the mitten clamps and forceps features, I like that each model are made with flat jaws for getting a good grip on a hook when removing it from a fish jaw and that also the jaw transitions to scissors to cut off tippets ends or even trim up flies that are in need of a haircut.  Forgot your nippers? No problem. These do-all tools are handy, comfortable to use, full of features and have quickly become my some of my favorite angling tools.



Check out the Loon Outdoors website to see the entire Rogue Series line up of forceps, clamps and nippers.  Besides the Quickjaw Clamps and Forceps, the Rogue Debarb Pliers are super handy to have around too.

No comments: