Tuesday, March 24, 2020

JAKE KEELER ART - A Flip Through the Sketchbooks

If you were standing in my office at the police department you would see a mix of framed original and print artwork from some of my favorite artists displayed on all four walls.  One of those pieces being Jake Keeler's Free The Fighter Saul Rapids Smallmouth Bass print.  Side note, I wish he'd do a run of Planet Carp to frame and place side by side with it.

Jake's work is a far departure of what many artists are doing and I thought it would be neat to share a few dozen images with snapshots from his sketchbooks.  These represent years of work and the ideas you see in these sketches are often seen in his finished pieces.

Take a slow scroll through these images and let me know which one is your favorite. 

























Jump over to Jake's website 20acrecarcass, check out what's available in his Etsy store and be sure to follow along on Facebook and Instagram for his latest works.

No comments: