Tuesday, October 27, 2020

The Classic Sporting Art of Bob White

Admittedly, there are a handful of artists that I talk about quite a bit on here and you should know, if you didn't already, that Bob White has a new book featuring his work spanning over forty years.  I ordered my copy last week and in the meantime, Bob sent over a digital galley that I made sure was downloaded offline on my iPad as were camping this past weekend without a signal.  I spent both nights before bed wrapped up in a sleeping bag reading stories and the various captions (which many are stories) beneath the paintings and sketches included in this book. 

Bob put incredible effort into The Classic Sporting Art of Bob White and it clearly shows.  I enjoyed reading about his history and background in art, his life as a guide, the many experiences that he's had on the water, woods, and field.   

Last night, I came home from work to find a package on my desk and inside was the hardback that I ordered.  While the digital version was a good way to get a first look, holding this book in my hands, slowly turning each page to really see each piece of artwork, is an entirely different experience.

Take a few minutes to read John Gierach's review of Bob's book if you need more of a push in gifting yourself a copy. 

Bob is offering The Classic Sporting Art of Bob White in two versions, either a signed hardcover or as a limited edition signed with your choice of fly or game bird feather.

No comments: